Tomorrow we say good-bye to an eight year old and hello to a 9 year old. This will be the third birthday we have celebrated together. The first one was only weeks after we became a family. Last year was everything a kids birthday should be complete with friends and lots of excitement. Tomorrow will be a family celebration and on the weekend a celebration with aunts, uncles and grandmas.
I can’t believe we are at this point again. How did another year slip into the history books? How did shirts get too small, pants get too short and a little girl start to transform into a “big” girl? It just goes so quickly.
Year 8 has been filed with milestones:
- Completion of first grade
- Start of second grade
- Road trips to Branson, MO and the Black Hills of South Dakota
- No more training wheels on her bike
- Said good-bye to her goods friends when they moved to Florida
- Got a US passport
- Received Outstanding Student in Math and Handwriting at the end of first grade
- First Brewer’s baseball game
- Experienced the loss of a very loved pet – RIP Abby
- Made many new friends at our new church
- Learned to ice skate
It has been a busy year. I can’t believe how quickly time passes.